Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro: Pre-Hearing Conference for General Rate Review
Board of Commissioners of Public Utilities
Friday, June 14, 2001
On May 31, 2001 the Board of Commissioners of Public Utilities (“PUB”) received an application from Newfoundland & Labrador Hydro (“Hydro”) for a general rate review. The details of the application were publicly released by Hydro coincident with its filing with the PUB.
The Board has decided that it will hold a pre-hearing conference beginning at 9:30 am on July 5, 2001 in the Board’s Hearing Room, 2nd Floor, Prince Charles Building, 120 Torbay Road, St. John’s, NF.
The primary objectives of the pre-hearing conference will be to:
1. Identify intervenors and other interested parties;
2. Provide focus to the issues;
3. Set specific dates and locations for public hearings, which may include setting of dates in Labrador and other areas serviced by Hydro whose customers may be affected by the application;
4. Establish procedures to be followed during the hearing; and
5. Finalize a timetable for the filing of evidence, information requests, and other submissions to the Board
Notice of the attached pre-hearing conference will be published in newspapers throughout Newfoundland and Labrador commencing Monday, June 18, 2001. Information will also be provided in that notice on how interested parties may apply for intervenor status, submit letters of comment or participate by way of oral presentation to the Board, during the hearing.
Copies of the Application are available for public viewing by contacting the Board between the hours of 8:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the offices of the Board or upon request from the Board Secretary by telephone at (709) 726-8600.
The Application can also be viewed at the Applicant’s regional offices throughout the Province.
Copies of the Board’s legislation, regulations and procedures governing public hearings are available from the office of the Board Secretary or can be viewed on the Board’s web-site at www.pub.nf.ca.
Phone: (709) 726-8600
Facsimile: (709) 726-9604.